(adapted from the Bible)
You have been brought out of singleness and out of the house of your parents. Hear the words of the Lord to you this day:
- Thou shalt have no other partner but this one I am giving you at the altar.
- Remember the special days of your family/spouse and make them meaningful (i.e. birthdays, anniversaries etc.).
- Thou shalt not take the name of your spouse/family members to friends or co-workers because that family member will not hold you guiltless that taketh their name outside.
- Honor thy father and thy mother that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee (Couldn’t change this one :-).
- Thou shalt speak nicely to thy family members.
- Thou shalt not provoke thy children to wrath.
- Husbands shall love their wives and wives shall submit to their husbands.
- Thou shalt not steal thy family member’s joy.
- Thou definitely shall not hurt or kill thy family member.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery (Couldn’t change this one either :-).
- Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy family member.
- Thou shalt always love, always share and always care for thy family.
We hope you enjoyed these commandments. Feel free to listen to the audio.
Which commandment would you add? Leave a comment below and don’t forget to subscribe!
Keane and Amoy