You know I’m all about family time and how better to do it than over a meal. Here’s one of my family favorites, Curried Yellow Lentils (with coconut…yummy)
2 ½ cups yellow lentils (aka yellow split peas), cooked (retain enough cooking liquid to cover peas)
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup celery, chopped
1 tsp paprika
¾ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp thyme leaves
1 cup Irish potatoes, cooked and diced
½ cup coconut milk
2 tbsp oil
Cayenne pepper to taste
Salt to taste
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and add turmeric powder. Stir constantly until turmeric gets slightly darker in color.
- Add onions, celery and salt and sauté until they begin to soften
- Add garlic, potatoes, paprika and thyme and sauté until well incorporated
- Add yellow lentils and incorporate well
- Add coconut milk and simmer until stew reaches desired consistency and flavors are well blended
- Serve over your favorite rice, chips or flat bread and ENJOY!
Let me know if you try it and how you liked it!